I used to be speaking on the cellphone with my mother yesterday after I finished to refill the tank on the Shell station. She mentioned, “You understand what I do not like? When a automobile’s gasoline tank entry is on the passenger aspect.” I thought of that, as a result of we personal two Land Rovers (a 2000 Vary Rover and a 2013 LR4) and the gas tank doorways are on the passenger aspect. They’re British automobiles, in order that is sensible.
Personally, I haven’t got a choice on that configuration, however everybody has a pet peeve. Mine is when a automobile does not have a tuning knob as a result of I like to have the ability to flip simply from one satellite tv for pc station to a different with out having to trouble with the touchscreen. That tiny factor would have an effect on whether or not I might buy a automobile or not (that is one of many issues Stellantis does properly, with audio controls in a number of locations). This practice of thought made me marvel: what are your automotive pet peeves?
Hey, I perceive a few of these are First World issues and many individuals all over the world are simply glad to have wheels. What annoys one particular person is completely acceptable to a different. Alternatively, there’s at all times room for enchancment, so I requested a bunch of pals in regards to the little issues that trouble them probably the most. Here is the quick record based mostly on my unscientific ballot:
- When the auto window openers are positioned unusually on the door in order that whenever you go to open the entrance widow it opens the again one or locks the door, like on a Honda Odyssey.
- Not sufficient cup holders (and when the cupholders aren’t large enough to accommodate water bottles).
- When the shoulder belt cannot be lowered (or the seat raised) sufficient that it sits comfortably on my shoulder.
- When Apple CarPlay is in use, I do not need to have to change it again over to the Ford show to see the skin temp. I need to see that in sprint controls (household of climate nerds right here).
- Inconvenient charging ports (like once they’re hidden contained in the console).
- Vehicles with out seize handles for the motive force, particularly for ingress. A steering wheel isn’t the identical.
- When the doorways are locked in a Nissan automobile, it’s a must to both bodily unlock them or hit the button to unlock as an alternative of simply opening the door with a double pump.
- Why do some automobiles have wi-fi charging however not wi-fi Apple CarPlay? If it’s a must to wire in to make use of CarPlay, you do not want the wi-fi charger.
- I hate it when aspect mirrors are so massive they block the crosswalk whenever you’re at a four-way cease. Then you possibly can’t inform if somebody is crossing the road or not with out doing a bit of seat hop.
- Cleverly hidden handbook tailgate releases. Put it within the apparent spot; do not make me grope your complete tailgate to determine find out how to open it. It needs to be an enormous squishy rubber button you possibly can simply discover.
- When the seat monitor does not accommodate my leg size and the again of my calf rubs in opposition to the seat.
- Can we discuss for a second about windshield wiper fluid? Drives me loopy when it is not positioned to squirt out effectively to do its solely job: clear the windshield.
Acquired a tip on the options that drive you nuts? Or ship the author a word: [email protected]
Seeking to buy a automobile? Discover your match on the MSN Autos Market